2014 Season Approaching...
Log in and set up your pools now!
Welcome to the 7th season of pro football picks on GridironPicker.com. We pick every NFL game by the point spread, every week, all season, through the playoffs.
Join and play for free.
Join or create as many pools as you like. You only pick each game once, and it applies to all your pools. Read how it works
The Rules...or, How it all works
- You have to login. Accounts are free.
- Join one, none, or many pools...it's your choice, but you make one set of picks that apply to all pools.
- Pick AGAINST THE SPREAD, NOT STRAIGHT UP. (more on that later)
- Picks must be in by five minutes before the scheduled game time.
- Pick EVERY game. If you fail to pick one, you'll lose points.
- You are ranked by points, not winning percentage. A win gives you 3 points, a loss gives you 1 point. No pick = no point.
- Spreads will be entered as soon as possible during the week, BUT - they may be updated as late as Thursday (but not later). Your pick will be scored on the FINAL spread, regardless what it was when you made your pick. They are based on average spreads compiled from several Vegas casinos.
Picking Against The Spread (ATS)
If you've never picked based on the point spread, it's pretty simple. Unlike picking the winner straight up, you have to take the point spread into account, just like Las Vegas. In any given game, one team will be favored to win by a certain amount of points - the spread. If you pick the favorite, they MUST win by at least that many points.
Example: say the New England Patriots are favored by 6.5 pts over the Indianapolis Colts. If New England wins by 3 pts and you picked New England - you would lose that pick, because they didn't cover the spread. If you had picked Indy, you would win - even though Indy actually lost. Get it?
We use half-point spreads on every game to avoid the inevitable arguing over what a "push" means.